The setting up procedure of the Linksys RE7000 WiFi range extender is relatively easy. To link with a WiFi network you will require internet access and an ethernet cable. However, to achieve the Linksys RE7000 WiFi range extender setup process you will require to know some basic or common things.
Now, let’s go to the further process stepwise.
Linksys RE7000 Extender Unboxing
You will get the two things when you do the unboxing of the Linksys RE6700 extender unit.
A manual booklet comes in a box that helps you to set up the extender and the device itself.
Requirements For RE7000 Extender Configuration
- Choose the power plug with the proper electrical power supply.
- With access to the web browser, there is the requirement for a WiFi-containing device.
- Take the one long ethernet cable.
- Just keep in mind the default login credentials and default web address.
Log Into Linksys RE7000 WiFi Range Extender
- First, in the socket, place the RE7000 extender power plug.
- After that, take the computer and connect it to the Linksys extender network wirelessly or wired.
- Now on a connected computer, launch any navigation and type the default web address extender.linksys.com in the address bar.
- Later, the Linksys extender login page will open up on your computer display.
- Next, fill in all the login details which show on the display page.
- In the end, hit on the login option to complete the Linksys extender login procedure.
Configure Linksys RE7000 Extender As An Access Point
- Initially, in an electrical socket place the Linksys RE7000 extender power plug and wait for a short while to see the power LED.
- Now, join the extender with the router by an ethernet cable.
- Next, by using any WiFi device type extender.linksys.com in the address bar.
- Later, visiting the Linksys RE7000 setup page, tap on the setup option.
- Go further, by selecting the wired range extender option.
- Then, make a strong WiFi network name and security password.
- In the end, make an admin password for the Linksys WiFi range extender.
Hence, the Linksys RE7000 setup successfully completes now by an access point mode.
Installed Linksys RE7000 Extender By WPS Button
Initially, near to the existing router place your Linksys extender. After that, look at the extender left side there you will get the WPS button. Now, push this button for 2 seconds. After that in one minute press the existing router WPS button. The WPS LED starts blinking solid on both units. Thus it means, the extender and router are both units successfully paired with each other. After pairing, place your extender in that location where you want high internet speed.
After doing the login and configuration process of the Linksys RE7000 extender if you are facing any issues such as a flashing red light, extender, and router connected but not to the internet. To fix all these types of troubles we recommend you try the below troubleshooting tips to fix those issues.
Place Extender Near Router
You are having problems because you put the Linksys RE7000 extender unit in the wrong spot. To remove the issue we recommend that you locate your Linksys RE7000 extender unit at the central location of the house. Make sure that your extender does not place closer to metal or electronic gadgets because they absorb all the WiFi signals which come from the extender and router units. By doing this you can easily remove or discard the Linksys RE7000 extender issues.
Install Or Get The Latest Version Software File
Take into account the following actions in order to obtain the most recent firmware file.
- First, take the computer and link the computer to the Linksys extender network.
- Now, open the browser and type extender.linksys.com.
- By doing this, you will directly visit the settings page.
- Later, tap on the network administration option.
- The firmware upgrade choice should be selected at the conclusion.
- After that, install any updated software files you find on your desktop and computer.
- As a result, the problem has been resolved and the firmware of the Linksys WiFi range repeater has been entirely upgraded.
Reset RE7000 Extender
Below the WPS button, you can see the reset hole. Press that reset hole with a paperclip for 10 seconds. Further doing this, all the extender LEDs will be turned off. Thus, it means your Linksys RE7000 extender is now completely reset.
Note: After resetting the RE7000 extender do the login and configuration process again.
After the entire study of this post, all the Linksys RE7000 extender users will be able to do the login and setup process. In a case in your office or house if you are having a different Linksys extender model number such as RE6500. If you are looking for the login and configuration directions then simply visit the Linksys RE6500 setup page and consider all the display directions.